Ways to Support this Important Web-based AR Hackathon
(hashtag : #hackWebAR)
Does your organization seek to support the Web-based AR hackathon? We welcome many forms of support and contributions to the success of this hackathon. If you would like to be recognized on this web site and at the hackathon we suggest:
- Donate a gift (monetary or other) for prizes to challenge winners
- Donate hardware and software for hackathon participant use and as a prize for one or more categories
- Sponsor a meal and/or beverages (to lower the barrier to entry that the normal registration fee may be for some participants)
Sponsors will have their logos on this site and their contributions recognized on site and on this site.
Community Supporters 💁
If you want to be a community supporter or you can invite the immersive web community to join us, we will be happy to put your logo here.
Do you have a business or industry challenge, or an exciting project idea for entertainment or public good that you believe needs to be addressed with Web-based AR?
Please propose/sponsor your own challenge! Send us a detailed description of the problem. Why is using Web AR the best way to address or solve your challenge?
We can’t accept your money, but we warmly welcome your donations in other ways:
- Put expenses on your company credit card
- Cocktails and/or dinner or snacks on opening night
- Breakfast November 16 and 17 (maybe choose a nearby coffee beverage venue for pre-opening breakfast and gab about your company’s projects (before the space opens at 10 AM)
- Technical mentors/helpers who are not going to be judges
- A developer “zone” or suitable place if some teams want to work together later than 10 PM
- Wearable Display Devices (HoloLens; HoloLens 2, Magic Leap One, Bose Frames, fitbit, DIY Kits, etc)
- Phones and tablets supporting AR functions e.g. iPhone 6S and above, iPads, etc
- Software licenses (see below)
- Models of objects to include in experiences
- Places to include in AR experiences (nearby the event location)
- Data sets
- Designers with 3D tool skills
- Promote the event in all your networks via e.g. the hashtag #hackWebAR
If you would like to donate any of the above resources or support, please contact the organizing team as soon as possible. We will recognize your support on this web site and during the opening of the hackathon.
If you’re a provider of tools or you have a platform and are planning to provide hackathon support, we would like to brief you and collaborate on ways to increase your impact. We will take steps to:
- Record a video interview with Fabien and/or Christine about your tools. Contact organizing team to schedule
- Promote to all hackathon attendees information about your tools
- Provide to those who register in advance, developer keys to your platform ahead of the hackathon
We will need for you to provide good documentation/tutorials that people could use in the weeks ahead of hackathon weekend.
Please contact the organizing team for next steps.